Banana baby food is one of the first meals parents prepare for their children, and you can give it to your baby in their first 4-6 months. Banana baby food is an excellent meal for toddlers because the texture is soft, but it’s also effortless for parents to prepare. Banana is also good food for babies who are fighting with diarrhea. And all you need to get started is a peeled banana. In this article of 3 easy ways to prepare banana baby food we will share with you also:
- How do I make baby food from bananas?
- Can I give my baby a banana as a first food?
- What baby food I should introduce first?
Preparing a banana baby meal to be eaten immediately
Prepare your utensils and ingredients.
You need a peeled banana, a fork or potato masher, and a bowl.
Clean your banana with vinegar
Use a preparation made of ¼ of white vinegar and ¾ of water. Exfoliate the outside of your banana to get rid of bacteria and pesticides. Even after you peel your banana, you can remove bacteria from the flesh of the fruit if you don’t wash it before peeling it.
Clean your countertop
Wipe down your countertop to sterilize it, and make sure your utensils and dishes are as clean as possible. 
Peel your banana
Remove the skin from your banana and throw it away. Cut your banana into several large pieces and place them in a bowl.
Mash your banana
Use a fork or a potato masher to make a smooth mashed banana. Make sure that you don’t leave any large pieces that your baby could choke on.
If you want a smoother mixture, you can use a blender or a small food processor to mash your banana. You can also add a little breast milk.
Place half of your mash in the refrigerator.
Place your mash in a small container and a small plastic bag directly on top of your banana. Put everything in the fridge in case your baby does not want to eat all of your formulae at one time.
Give your baby banana puree.
Use a spoon to feed your baby. Bananas are an excellent food for young children because they are soft and easy to digest.
Mix the banana with other ingredients for your baby
Add a banana to baby rice cereal.
- Cook the rice cereal then add a mashed banana.
- To prepare homemade rice cereal, blend whole grain rice in a clean coffee grinder. In a small saucepan, boil 230 ml of water. Add ¼ cup of rice powder to the water and mix vigorously. Boil over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring continuously. If your formula is too thick, you can add breast milk to dilute it. Your preparation is too thick if it is challenging to serve with a spoon.
Add a crushed avocado.
As with the banana, you just need to clean your utensils as well as the fruit. Mash your avocado with a fork or potato masher and add it to your banana. Mix to combine the two ingredients. A 1 to 1 ratio is perfect, but you can add a little more of either.
Prepare a yogurt parfait for your baby.
Start with plain yogurt. Add mashed banana. You can also add crushed strawberries (if your baby is not allergic to them) and wheat germ, but ask your doctor if your baby can eat gluten.
- You can make oatmeal from oatmeal powder mixed with a mashed banana.
- To prepare oatmeal for your baby, start by grinding your grain in a clean spice grinder. Boil a cup of water in a saucepan and add ¼ cup of oatmeal powder. Boil over low heat for 10 minutes and mix to prevent the preparation from sticking. To dilute your formula, add breast milk.
Mix your banana with raw spinach
Make sure the spinach is fresh and clean. You can use pre-washed spinach, but you can rewash it for extra care. Mix a small handful of spinach with two bananas in a blender. Serve this formula as you would any other baby food.
Mix your mashed banana with mashed sweet potatoes
Try a 1 to 1 ratio. Boil or steam your sweet potatoes until tender. Peel them and mash them with a fork or in a blender. Add the mashed banana once your preparation has cooled.
Freezing your banana baby food
Pour your banana mixture into ice cube trays
Use a spoon to pour your mashed bananas into ice cube trays. Fill your bins, but keep them from touching.
Cover your bins
Use a plastic bag or aluminum foil to cover your bins. If you’re using plastic wrap, compress it over your containers to get the air out.
Place your ice cube trays in the freezer.
Once the mashed banana ice cubes have frozen, you can pour them into resealable freezer bags. Write down the date and label your freezer bags because you shouldn’t keep them in the freezer for more than 3 to 6 months.
Leave your freezer bags in the refrigerator.
- To thaw your food, place it overnight in the refrigerator. One ice cube is about 30 ml, and in 6 to 8 months, your baby will eat approximately 60 to 120 ml of food per day.
- Let your preparation thaw until the pieces of ice are entirely gone, and the food is at your refrigerator temperature.
You May Like Also: Home remedies to lower fever in children