Chex chicken is an award-winning gluten-free recipe for kids. In this article on kidsrush.com, we will tell you how to prepare chex chicken for your kids. Let’s Start
Table Of Contents
What you need to prepare the chex chicken
- a cup of corn cereal with no gluten, like Chex
- 1/4 cup gluten-free baked veggie chips (Limone chips are good)
- Half a cup of pecans
- One teaspoon of lemon pepper
- Egg whites, 3 large.
- Eight ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast, half.
- Cut 1 medium yellow squash into half-moons.
- 2 medium zucchinis, half-moon shaped
- 1/2 cup carrot slices
Read Also: How to make broccoli for kids with 4 recipes
Supplies and equipment to prepare chex chicken for your kids
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Baking dish
- Small saucepan
Steps to take t prepare chex chicken for your kids
- Prepare the oven by preheating it to 350°F (176°C).
- The cereal, veggie chips, pecans, and lemon pepper in a large bowl should be stirred together, then smashed into a crumble.
- In a small bowl, place the egg whites.
- Make sure all of the chicken is coated with the cereal mixture but not too thick from the egg whites, then dip it back into the cereal mixture.
- Continue with the remaining chicken and cereal mixture as you “breathe” it in the baking dish.
- The chicken needs to be baked for 30 minutes to get the golden brown color.
- Cook the zucchini, squash, and carrots until tender, about seven minutes. While the chicken bakes bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- After adding the veggies, simmer for approximately seven minutes on low heat, adjusting the heat if they become too tender.
Read Also: Learn which fruits are safe for babies
The following nutrition facts (per serving) are included:
- 540 calories
- 37g protein
- 20g fat
- 2g sat. fat
- 55g carbohydrate
- 5g fiber
- 65mg cholesterol
- 710mg sodium
- 5g sugars
- Serving size: 1/2 of the recipe
Note: The nutritional content of foods can vary depending on the companies which made the ingredients used.
Discover: 5 Easy recipes for kids