How to dress a newborn baby?
During the first weeks of life the child is totally fragile and delicate, something that does not escape parents who usually feel doubts in carrying out elementary steps such as bathing or putting on clothes, and what should be a routine task becomes an almost titanic event. But practice and technique will make the difference, that’s why at Kidsrush.com we give you some tips so you know how to dress a newborn baby.
Read Also: How to choose casual clothes for children
Steps to follow to dress a newborn baby:
- Before starting, have everything you need on hand: A new diaper, cleansing wipes, and cream, in case you plan to change it before dressing it, its panties or bodysuit, and the romper you will use to dress it
- Place the newborn in the changing table, bed, or area that you have arranged for this task and undress him. If he has peed or pooped, then you will need to change his diaper.
- To put the bodysuit on, sit the newborn on one leg and supporting his head with your left arm if you are right-handed or vice versa if you are left-handed. Widen the neck of the bodysuit with both hands and pass it quickly but carefully over its head, the little one may move uncomfortably so try to control it
- Sleeves represent another difficult step that your baby may resist. Gently take his arm and insert it into the sleeve trying to catch his little hand at the other end and stretch the cloth, do it delicately but quickly so that the little one does not start crying
- Choose rompers that are buttoned in the front or in the back in this way the next step will be easier, start by placing it by its feet, when you finish with the legs, lift it by the ankles and go up to her ass, put her arms as you did with the body
- Finally, if the romper has buttons on the front, fasten them, if they are on the back, gently turn the newborn and do the same. Your little one is ready and with clean clothes, it may take time at first but after a few days, you will be successful.