Exercises to improve attention in children:
Many children today are incapable to pay attention at school or home for many reasons, such as simply getting attention. In other moments, the problem is real and has to do with an attention shortage that requires psychological and specialized help to find a timely solution. Capturing the attention of your child is not impossible, at kidsrush.com we will tell you how to face this challenge by performing attractive and didactic exercises.
Steps to follow to improve attention in children
- It is recommended to have board games at homes such as puzzles, cards, and dominoes so that the child begins to exercise his mind and can train it to pay more attention.
- Parents can dress up and hide some ornaments and have the child say which ones are gone, so he will know if he can remember everything or almost everything.
- List some objects that are somewhere in the house and ask the child to bring them to see if he can remember everything that has been asked.
- Another exercise to improve attention in children may consist of keeping some objects in front of your child in a drawer and asking the child to say the name of each object that is inside it.
- Say the names of several cities. Then recite some of these cities and ask the child to raise his hand when he hears the ones mentioned above.
- Put several objects on a table in order, then vary this order and ask the child to place them in an initial way.
- A good tip is to detect what elements can distract the child during these mental exercises and try to push them away for the next time.
- Use videos and storytelling as exercises to improve attention in children to eliminate monotony.
- When your child comes home from school, ask short questions about what he has done in class and during break time to help him exercise his memory.